College Football Playoff Semifinal tickets going fast; Friday Night primetime for Big 12 vs Pac-12
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – Individual tickets for the 2019 College Football Playoff Semifinal at the PlayStation® Fiesta Bowl and 31st Annual Cheez-It® Bowl are now on sale. The Valley of the Sun will be in the national spotlight once again for the 49th Annual PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, while the Cheez-It® Bowl gets a “Friday Night Lights” treatment the night before.
Ticket prices for the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl start at $110, and the Cheez-It® Bowl prices begin at $35. Tickets for both games, pregame parties and reserved parking may be purchased through FiestaBowl.org/Tickets or by calling 480-350-0911.
“College football season is underway, and our local fans will enjoy two great games on back-to-back nights come December, including two of the best teams in the country facing off in the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl,” said Fiesta Bowl Executive Director Mike Nealy. “Now is the time for fans to guarantee their seat locations for the games and be sure that they’ll be in the stadiums when the games kick off.”
Two of the nation’s top four teams will compete as the College Football Playoff Semifinal returns on Saturday, December 28, 2019, for the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl at State Farm Stadium in Glendale. The last time the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl hosted a semifinal matchup, No. 2 Clemson faced No. 3 Ohio State in front of a sellout crowd of 71,279, with Clemson advancing to the 2016 CFP National Championship.
Before entering the stadium, fans are encouraged to explore the various on-site pregame options such as the Fan Fest Pregame Party, which is free with a game ticket. If fans want to take their gameday experience to the next level – with big-screen televisions, live entertainment and an all-you-can-eat buffet – tickets can be purchased for the APS Stadium Club Pregame Party at State Farm Stadium.
Additionally, the 31st Annual Cheez-It® Bowl features teams from the Big 12 and Pac-12 Conferences and will kick off the night before on Friday December 27, at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix.
Last season, the Cheez-It® Bowl became the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter after one of the most memorable bowl games in recent memory. The transformation of an MLB ballpark to a football field, creates an atmosphere like no other and fans are encouraged to start the night at the Oasis Pregame Party for a free full tailgate entertainment experience.
Every ticket purchased for both the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and the Cheez-It® Bowl help support Fiesta Bowl Charities, which has given $15.5 million to the Arizona community in the last nine years through charitable giving. Fiesta Bowl Charities announced a record $3 million in charitable giving for the 2019-20 season.
Fans interested in elevating their experience can purchase premium seating options such as luxury suites, lofts, or field boxes.
Fast Facts About the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and Cheez-It® Bowl:
- The PlayStation Fiesta Bowl will host CFP Semifinal games on December 28, 2019, December 31, 2022 and December 27, 2025
- Sports Illustrated ranked Fiesta Bowl games as number 1 and 3 in “The Greatest Bowl Games in College Football History”
- The Fiesta Bowl has hosted seven National Championship games and 12 Heisman Trophy winners
- More than three million fans have attended the Fiesta Bowl
- The Fiesta Bowl trophy stands almost four feet high, weighs 200 pounds and has 28.6 karats of diamonds encrusting the football stripes with a valuation of $1.44 million
- The Cheez-It® Bowl was the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter following the 2018 game
- Cheez-It® Bowl has included stars such as Larry Fitzgerald, Le’Veon Bell, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bledsoe
- The 70,000+ square foot field is donated to a community in need after the game
- The Cheez-It® Bowl became the first bowl to be regularly played at an MLB stadium when it was staged at Chase Field in 2000