Applications now open for all Arizona K-12 public or charter school teachers to receive $5,000 grant
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – As part of its mission to enhance the lives of Arizonans through youth, sports and education, the Fiesta Bowl organization has opened applications for its Wishes for Teachers, powered by DriveTime program and is ready to grant 200 Arizona teachers their $5,000 wish.
Applications are open to all Arizona K-12 public or charter school teachers, through October 5. To apply, fill out the online application detailing the school or classroom need. After meeting the criteria, wishes are selected at random for teachers to receive a $5,000 grant.
“Since launching Wishes for Teachers, we have seen the impact extra funding has made throughout Arizona classrooms,” said Mike Nealy, Fiesta Bowl Executive Director. “This program was created to show appreciation for and celebrate all that teachers do every day. We realize teachers dedicate their time, effort and personal funds to enhance their students’ lives, so our support helps teachers continue to shape our future leaders.”
Wishes for Teachers Draft Day will be held on Tuesday, October 29, and is building off last year’s success with an even bigger event for 2019. Draft Day will be hosted at Sneaky Big Studios as part of a full broadcast production. Local community heroes and celebrities will select and personally notify each of the 200 teachers who will receive a grant.
“Teachers who have benefited from Wishes for Teachers grants have enhanced their classrooms and schools through technology, reading, music and more,” said Patrick Barkley, Chair of the Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors. “Each year the program has become bigger and better. With over 110,000 students already impacted through Wishes for Teachers powered by DriveTime, we can’t wait to see what happens this year.”
“The great gift of education is the sustainable soul of society,” said Don Reese, CEO of DriveTime. “It is our responsibility to generously pass it on to all our educators and future generations.”
Fast Facts about Fiesta Bowl Charities and Wishes for Teachers, powered by DriveTime:
- 200 teachers will receive a $5,000 grant, totaling $1 million
- Applications open on September 4 and close at 5 p.m. on October 5
- $2.2 million granted over the last three years through Wishes for Teachers, powered by DriveTime
- Over 110,000 students have been impacted through Wishes for Teachers powered by Drivetime over the last three years
- Open to all K-12 public or charter school teachers
- Fiesta Bowl Charities is donating $3 million in charitable giving for 2019-20 season
- $10 million in charitable giving over last four years
- $15.5 million in charitable giving over last nine years
For frequently asked questions, click here.