Friday night kickoff features Big 12 vs. Pac-12 match-up at Chase Field
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – After arguably the most memorable game of last year’s college football bowl season, the Cheez-It® Bowl is ready for some football under the Friday night lights, with a December 27, 2019, kickoff at 8:15 pm MST live on ESPN.
Once again, the postseason game will feature teams from the Big 12 and Pac-12 Conferences at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix, with the schools being decided on Sunday, December 8, 2019. This is the first weekend contest since the January 2, 2016 match-up between Arizona State and West Virginia.
“We’re really excited to offer the Cheez-It® Bowl on a Friday night for our local fans and those coming to Arizona after the holidays at home with family,” said Mike Nealy, Executive Director of the Cheez-It Bowl. “With two teams from top conferences in the Big 12 and Pac-12, a unique football experience in a Major League Baseball ballpark and a Friday night kickoff, the Cheez-It Bowl will be a place to be this holiday season.”
Fast Facts about the 2019 Cheez-It® Bowl:
- Friday, December 27, 2019, at 8:15 pm at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix
- The last time the game was played on a Friday night was January 2, 2015
- Cheez-It® Bowl was the #1-trending topic on Twitter in 2018
- This is the second year of title partnership with Cheez-It®, a part of the Kellogg family
- 2019’s contest will be the 31st edition of the postseason college football game
- MLB ballpark turns into football field (WATCH FIELD TRANSITION)
- This will be the 11th playing of the game at Chase Field
- The 70,000+ square feet of turf is donated to a community in need for a playing field
- Notable players to take the field in the game’s 30-year history include: Larry Fitzgerald, Aaron Rodgers, Le’Veon Bell, Drew Bledsoe, Ron Dayne
- Deposits for Cheez-It Bowl® tickets may be placed by visiting here
The Cheez-It® Bowl kicks off an exciting local college football bowl season, which also includes the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, this season a College Football Playoff Semifinal, and the Desert Financial Fiesta Bowl Parade, presented by Cheez-It®. Through these events, the Fiesta Bowl organization has donated over $12.5 million to Arizona nonprofits in the last eight years – including more than $7 million in the last three years alone.